EGR 1.00% 9.9¢ ecograf limited

I'm bringing the spat here @kingofhell Some knl'ers may be aware...

1. 401 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    I'm bringing the spat here @kingofhell

Some knl'ers may be aware the excellent metallurgical results coming from our neighbours to the north. I just want to extend on this here after these comments on the bkt thread.

@ddzx stated ''...unlike KNL, BKT are focusing on the optimal markets for their concentrate''
    totally fair and mostly accurate comment. It is no secret that knl is significantly more advanced than near all the other asx graphite hopefuls (bar syr) and that their initial focus was on traditional, refractory and expandable graphite industries. Enter Sojitz Jan 2016. I replied;

"Have you ever stopped to think that maybe knl are been more prudent, and are engaging Sojitz to do all the commercial viability testing, method refinement and purity upgrading for them as opposed to having to waste their own finances 'methodically progressing' the marketing angle?"

kingofhell replies "...It's not about the process. It's what BKT has in the ground. That is why BKT can produce +99% purity graphite. KNL is on my death list. KNL can't make much money with 96% purity graphite. KNL has to compete against the Chinese in the low end market."

so, first, thanks for confirming what we all already knew - that knl was on your death list. Refer anyone back to this at any point KoH rags on knl because clearly he is biased, non-objective and spiteful. secondly...

Then what does KNL have in the ground?

Here is what BKT has in the ground after their most recent met testing (5 July).

bkt.png
    and where exactly are Epanko North and Ulanzi? They are on the exact same graphite schist. In fact, Epanko North is only a few hundred metres away from KNL's Epanko site... the 2 sites combined are barely 2km's long!

neighbours.png

but this means nothing, surely no deposit is exactly the same? sure, so let's have a look at the flake distribution for the two ....

flake distribution.jpg

Then why the discrepancies in the purity between knl and bkt? Well, myself and others here have long held suspicions that knl's graphite can be further refined and the flotation process optimised in order to achieve these 98-99+ % purity levels chemical free, as mns had. It stands to reason that bkt has gone someway in confirming these suspicions.

So why didn't knl travel down this path? They didn't have to... yet. Their timeline illustrates that they were in early and focused on traditional graphite uses, they could achieve organic growth into spherical... unlike mns who needed to innovate, invest and focus on battery grade spherical graphite to find their niche and remain relevant. Kudos to them and Frank P.... this entire time bkt has stood in watch, drilling and securing solid tenements (eg. Epanko North, Ulanzi and Cascade on the Mahenge graphite schist).

BKT took notice of what mns was seeking to achieve late last year and sought to do this themselves. MNS created a propriety method of 4 stage flotation which I had commended in January this year only to be derided for been a twat and it's purely their resource, blah blah blah.... bollocks. They had innovated. Who knows what they have done specifically - maybe more liberating sequences, additional pulverizing, more or altered ball mill regrind units, etc. who knows. It certainly blew out the CAPEX and I am yet to see their flowsheet ... pls direct me if it is in an announcement somewhere.  Anyway, bkt followed suit:

Untitled.jpg

It stands to reason that Sojitz is undertaking similar analysis on behalf of knl, so that knl doesn't have to. They have already slated the premium quality of knls graphite and took 200 tonnes of it. We also know they intend to use the graphite in li-ion batteries. Certainly means that knl sidelines the abilty to market themselves in the meantime but given Epanko North's solid metallurgical results I am confident that KNLs graphite can achieve similar ~99% purity levels without chemicals.

Or, if not, then there is always Merelani

merelani.jpg

Also, here is a table for the hell of it.... pay attention to they dates. They support the narrative that knl wanted to focus on traditional markets and organically grow into spherical. Meanwhile the others have had to conscientiously target spherical from the get go and have optimised flotation techniques to sell the story to the mkt.

because.jpg

KNL will surprise the mkt to the upside like craZy when Sojitz confirms my long held suspicions. gltah and obviously all imho. dyor. knl strong buy even though I am extremely agitated about end June finance update. poor form

chrs, r

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.9¢
Change
-0.001(1.00%)
Mkt cap ! $44.94M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.0¢ 9.8¢ $21.04K 210.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 101282 9.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 6000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.52pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.