ALC 2.00% 4.9¢ alcidion group limited

EPAS is not a dud system. The rumour of it being a complete dud...

1. 293 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    EPAS is not a dud system. The rumour of it being a complete dud is politically motivated by the opposition in South Australia to gain brownie points before the next election. They are turning the move from traditional paper based health records into digital records into a partisan issue when it should be bi-partisan. EPAS is grossly over budget but it is NOT a bad system. I know this because I have seen it in person. It is not over budget because they system is shonky, there are many reasons why large projects end up over budget but I don't want to theorise on why EPAS went so horribly wrong, this will come out in both the internal audit process and any external independent audits at the completion of the project.

The new RAH will not be taking patients until EPAS is complete ~mid 2017 because the new hospital has no room for paper based records.

The biggest misconception is that EPAS is a single system... it is not, it is a collection of systems all integrated for the digital management of health records. If the Alcidion solutions were to be part of EPAS they would make up a small part of the overall greater systems environment.

The clinical part of EPAS is (currently) a complete dud and this is what doctors (especially at the Queen Elizabeth hospital where it was installed a few months ago) are complaining about. It's hard to use and navigate but they are fixing it. EPAS overall is exceptionally fast and the other systems are ok.

Can we please stop spreading unsubstantiated rumours about impending smoke signals where there are none to get new investors to buy stock? I'll be greatly surprised if Alcidion solutions replace AllScripts at this late in the game when they are already installed into a number of SA hospitals and they are working fine. It would take longer to switch systems now, than fix the problems with the clinical system and the new RAH project is out of money and out of time.

Disclaimer: I have nothing officially to do with EPAS, but have seen it and spoken to users including clinicians who use it on a daily basis. I also see and speak to people closely involved with the project and parallel supporting projects for the new hospital.
    Last edited by BigPlums: 05/08/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.9¢
Change
-0.001(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $65.78M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 4.9¢ $29.07K 582.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 405306 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 256925 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.47pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.