PCK 0.00% 2.7¢ painchek ltd

Zero, you are looking at things on a very superficial,...

1. 138 Posts.
    Zero, you are looking at things on a very superficial, simplistic level. For starters, consider the management team we have. If it was that pedestrian under all the "hype" they wouldn't have bothered to get involved. In terms of its true application, these are my key insights:

- Generally: Being able to track and monitor pain objectively is an extremely valuable tool across many modalities and areas. One of the reasons chronic pain conditions have such poor outcomes in the subjective nature of pain. When you are living with it day in day out, it can be difficult to measure and articulate. Say you have a chronic pain issue you are managing with a doctor, or even an injury / condition you are treating with a physio / chiro etc, When they ask about the pain level since the past appointment, it can be hard to provide them anything of value. "It's a bit improved, I think?" This sort of typical response makes it very difficult to accurately assess how the treatment is going and whether you need to change direction. Is the patient really improving or are they just getting used to living with the pain? Having a tool like this will improve accuracy and efficiency in terms of managing pain conditions. It can help avoid unnecessary over-prescription (which is a huge problem - how great would it be for doctors to have a tool to know if the patient was really in pain or an addict), under-prescription, wrong prescription of meds and / or other treatment modalities etc. It can also help improve patient buy-in to actually follow your treatment plan. This is another big frustration for many doctors when the patient doesn't actually follow your advice consistently. If the patient can see and track an objective change through this app then they are likely to feel more positive about the treatment and commit to it. I could see doctors, physios / chiros / osteos, psychologists etc using this. I would.

- Dementia: Being able to better measure whether non-verbal dementia patients are in pain is extremely important re over / under prescription. It doesn't matter that the app can't determine the source of pain. There is nothing currently that works consistently to determine if pain is the issue or not. Once you know this, then you can start problem solving the cause. Again, the key benefit is better efficiency and accuracy that will help lead to improved health outcomes.

- Infants: The health of one's child is probably one of the greatest worries that parents have. It can be extremely stressful when a baby is crying uncontrollably and can't tell you what is going on. For example, you may be feeding every 3-4 hours or whatever, but that doesn't mean for sure they are taking in an adequate amount (if breastfed) and aren't still hungry. There are so many unknowns, especially with the first baby. The emotion of that alone would be enough for many parents to purchase this app for peace of mind to simply know if their baby is in pain or not. Again, once you know this you can start looking into the cause(s). I know of many parents that basically resort to the baby Nurofen / Panadol whenever their baby is crying and they can't easily stop it "just in case" the baby is in pain. This is scary to me. No medication is without potential side effects and should only be used when absolutely indicated (especially babies). If this app can give parents real insight about whether their baby is in pain or not, then they can feel more confident and be better equipped to assist their child.

- Insurance fraud: This is another big problem area that has been flagged as an opportunity by EPT; utilising their technology to assist with determining the validity of insurance claims (where pain is a factor). Again, there is currently no objective measure to determine whether the pain is true or not. The source of the pain isn't going to be an issue in an area like this. These companies would benefit simply from determining whether or not, and to what degree the pain exists.

There are really so many avenues for EPT with this technology as it continues to be tested and accuracy confirmed. These are just a few above, but enough for now!
    Last edited by thehierarchy: 23/03/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PCK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $44.16M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.7¢ 2.8¢ 2.7¢ $22.32K 826.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 192964 2.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.8¢ 714591 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PCK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.