Epidemic Use of Illicit Drugs

1. 315 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5

Today I had a brief but striking informal chat with a person involved in the analyzing of patient body fluid samples at a large city hospital. I asked if the analyzing machines detected traces of illicit drugs, to which the person answered in the affirmative. As the conversation developed along that line, I then asked for an estimate of what percentage of the population were using illicit drugs. The answer was an astounding 50%, and that 50% transcended both age and socio-economic status. Far from being a subjective shot in the dark, this was an informed estimate by one of experience. 

The productive class are already staggering under the back breaking burden of the welfare state, and based upon this revelation, the imposition will worsen dramatically and tragically. With so many ruining their faculties by substance abuse, thus disabling themselves from productive labour, what percentage of the population will soon carry the rest? But that isn't the half of it: we will also be presented with their healthcare bill: pay or be punished!

Dark clouds would seem to be gathering about us.  

Last edited by Chris1690: 11/10/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.