TLS 2.81% $3.81 telstra group limited

EPS v Dividend, page-17

1. 9,699 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    CP ,lets take apn,as i posted apn boards r in place already ,all 23,500. So far 500 have been converted to digital.Capital is restricting apn from converting at a faster pace.ie as posted apn has capex of $50m set aside to convert another 100 to 150 boards ie paper advertising boards ie when u want to change the paper advertisement u have to send two people to the location to pull down old paper and put up new paper,digital u push a button etc etc.That still leaves approx 23,000 boards to b converted ie to grow the business.
    I found fairfax comments interesting regarding the domain ipo,ie they will ipo domain but still hold approx 60% of domain,but will continue to use their print market and and their expression 'audience; base to help grow domain.
    Hmm would it not make sense to buy a digital indoor/outdoor board advertising co that requires digital/ mobile and nfc technology that could use the sensis advertsing base and marketing business.
    So far i have heard apn and fairfax say the same thing,imo the tls connection is even stronger.
    But clearly tls management is failing to understand the strength of the sensis customer base and tls's leading australian marketing position to support these new digital advertising co's.apn,oml and fairfax understand the connection and as posted tls's is clearly stronger.
    ps apn,oml apo r as oml suggested minnows in relation to global competitors.Not if tls entered the business.
    ps tls sells last 6% of autohome for $280m,first thks trujillo for the soufun and autohome billions in profit,no thanks thodey for selling soufun to early.
    But outdoor/indoor advertising is a better fit with tls than autohome or soufun,and i have no doubt of their growth potential.just look at their share prices and eps growth not to mention the business models just make sense.{ps i also have no doubt trujillo would have entered the sector imo)
    Anyway,i forget the posters name but tls selling autohome has no relevance to tls's expansion into china ie re nas,data centres,pacnet etc.
    But autohome was a strong profitable growth business,as i guess u would agree tls needs some strong profitable growth businesses now,not in 3 or 4 years.
    just my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.81
Change
-0.110(2.81%)
Mkt cap ! $44.02B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.87 $3.88 $3.76 $126.1M 32.99M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4845 $3.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.81 715754 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.