CTP 3.85% 5.4¢ central petroleum limited

ept and 3d seismic, page-13

1. 502 Posts.

Karl,
    Of course you can do 3D seismic and EPT together - as long as you are prepared to wear the risk ...

So who are you going to blame when the thumpers screw up the measuring instruments in the well - not that I hope they do - just that they might - and its a valid concern. If someone has convinced management that they can do both concurrently, and mitigate the risks, then so be it. These are day to day decisions that are taken as you plan the integration of major projects. If JH was to be believed in the CPT IPO, we were planning to drill your favourite Mt Kitty in 2006/2007 ... plans changed ... we still have not drilled it. (get the drift ?)

Also, we will need to drill SEVERAL new wells to delineate the field. We have one well ... if we assumed that we wanted to triangulate the field we would require 3 ... however, fields do not nicely conform to geometric shapes so more than likely more than 3 well will be required to determine the full extent of the Surprise discovery.

The usual process is that you make a discovery and you step out and drill to delineate the field. I hope we never have an oil/water contact :) - that says its only pure black stuff all the way.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.