FLT 2.78% $22.56 flight centre travel group limited

Equity raise process, page-73

1. 5,005 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2244
    Thanks, @hcosah. No, I don't have a background in financing per se (well, not directly as a banker/lender), but I think it's safe to suggest that I am financially/economically literate.

Since you have asked (and I do like to be direct), my interest in FLT was piqued as a result of the direct hit the travel sector took wrt this whole CV mess. As a technical propeller head (slang only, no aviation pun intended), the temptation to get some dirt under the fingernails was too much to resist. I do think FLT has decent LT prospects re- its general place in the sector, but I'm presently quite concerned about the macro picture over the near/mid-term (say, next 6-18 months), which, more often than not, no singular stock can escape. Let's just say that my concerns relate to the flow-on economic effects of this CV shock that are likely to emerge in the near/mid-term but have not yet become clear and, imo, certainly not yet factored in any meaningful way into broad equity markets' risk-pricing, including here in Oz. That's not to suggest that we're all going to hell in a hand basket. Rather, the broad re-rating, which is likely to affect most stocks and still has some way to go simply hasn't fully played out yet, imo. (I maintain a watching brief on a number of stocks for when I think the risk:reward equation will be right and FLT is on that list.)

It's generally not in my nature to be so brief (vague) wrt elaborating on my macro concerns, but after several attempts at writing this I quickly realised that I was on the path to another War and Peace length post, which I don't have time for today (and also thought I should probably spare you from).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.56
Change
0.610(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $4.986B
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.20 $22.61 $21.97 $28.02M 1.252M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2440 $22.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.57 8445 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.