STX 5.56% 17.0¢ strike energy limited

Eregulla Deeps, page-33

1. 618
    3,238 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2161
    Ok, hadn't seen that before. I stand corrected. If they are shorting STX, then we should definitely bring this up with the company as a potential conflict of interest. I might be wrong but I'd be surprised if investment banks are allowed to trade in the equities of companies they are providing advice to.

@kmuirhead, chinese wall or ethical wall is a well-established and accepted practice in the investment banking sector. It's not that a company ignores a group of people that it employs. It just so happens that within a fully service investment bank, they have teams that can represent both sides of the trades (buy side and sell side) as well as corporate advisory. So unless the likes of SEC and ASIC determines that an investment bank must be limited to only represent one side of the trade, there will always be this potential conflict. The best solution to date has been the establishment of the chinsese/ethical wall. Most banks abide by it quite strictly although there had been some infamous cases where this was breached/violated. That said, there were also some cases where it would seem obvious that this was breached, but were ultimately dismissed due to insufficient evidence.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.0¢
Change
-0.010(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $487.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 18.5¢ 17.0¢ $1.699M 9.762M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
31 1449735 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 262986 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.