ERH 0.00% 2.9¢ eromanga hydrocarbons limited

erh projects

1. 2,798 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hi all

I have done this post for the new holders of ERH to try and help them understand some of the technical data that will be released soon and also give a more comprehensive overview of the projects to date. If there is anything that i have not explained properly then let me know and if i cant give a better explanation on it i am sure Ya can help.

I will start with a quick glossary of the data that we can expect and how to read it.

Oil API gravity

The API gravity of oil is basically a measurement of how heavy the oil is. Oil with an API of less than 10 sinks in water and is like a tar like substances. Oil with an API of more than 10 floats in water. The API of the oil at 330a is around 18 and is considered quite heavy. What most will be looking for when ERH release what the API is will be around the 29 - 32 API. But in saying that all oil is good oil.
    For more info on API please see
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/API_gravity

Porosity

Porosity is a measure of the void spaces in a material. Something that has the porosity of 1 is basically solid like solid granite. I have mention vuggy or vug porosity a few times over the last week or so and if this is mention in the announcement it will be a brilliant result as vug porosity basically means large holes or even caves.
    So to put porosity in layman's terms it means how easily a liquid can pass through a material. The higher the porosity the easier it can pass through due to the void space. Anything more than 28% porosity is considered vuggy.
    For more info on porosity please see
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porosity

Permeability
    I don't think Permeability will mention within the announcement but if it is, Permeability basically is a measurement of how a liquid moves through a void space where porosity is a measurement of the void space.

Basic understanding of the wire log

The area that i have circled in red is the oil column or the oil shows and the oil shows are indicated where the small boxes have been filled in black on the grid. There are 3 of these small boxes within this grid and where i have the arrow pointing indicates the strongest oil shows or where the oil saturation factor is the strongest. Three black boxes within this grid as pointed out is all but pour oil. When we get the wire logs for 330 this is what you should be looking for.

Ya pretty well covered the flow rates in a earlier post so i wont go back over that again.

That pretty much covers the basics of what we should expect when they release the data for 330.

Projects
    I would thing that most people would have a pretty good idea of 330 now so i wont cover that in this post.

Block 430 was announced a discovery back in May 2008
    and is located close to several fields- Angelim, Carmopolis, Siririzinho and Riachuelo.
    Block 430 has a oil column of a 143m and over 3 formations. The strongest show was in the upper carbonate as indicated in the oil log above and this area has a porosity of 20% and oil has a API of 30-32 with no water shows.
    430 was drill on the flank of the reserve as shown in the pitcher below.

And like 330 once they drill the appraisal well in the second quarter of this year up dip we could see the same results as we have seen in 330 with major upgrades of the resource and new discovery's.
    Flow testing is due to start in Feb of the upper carbonate and the other 2 sections will be tested again when they drill the appraisal well. As i said yesterday in a post we still dont know the exact flow rates are, all we know is that they put a pump on it that is capable of producing 90 B/D.

138 and 59

Both these projects have been suspended for the moment as we required and extension on them due to technical problems and run out of time before they could be completed.
    138 has been started and been drilled to a total depth of 850m and the primary target is 1800m.
    These well are pre-rift plays. This means that formation that they are drilling to was formed in the Jurassic age and before Africa and south America separated hence the term Pre-rift. see picture below

If oil is found in the primary pre-rift targets we should see excellent flow rates due to the depth and the sandstone makeup of the targets. Oil in the Reconcavo
    basin in the pre-rift plays general has an API of around 35.
    Oil was found in 138 in one of the secondary targets but was only log as light oil shows.
    There is a 30% probability of success at these targets.

Anyway that pretty much covers it to date on the fundamentals and if i think of anything else i will add it.

I would also recommend reading posts from kojasper, Ya, snake100, cdchi1 and spozzie. All these posters have a very clear understanding of the company and its projects.

Hope that helps

And here is a link to the ERH web site
    http://www.erohydro.com/home

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ERH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.