LYC 0.66% $6.06 lynas rare earths limited

No worries CEOChair, keep in mind that the fundamentals for...

1. 3,499 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 49
    No worries CEOChair, keep in mind that the fundamentals for Lynas is strong but it takes a lot of time for the market to realize this before we see a turn around. I want to allude to you a case in my diary that I keep to take some notes. Back in October year 2010, Lynas was riding high and sentiment was Euphoria. Nick Curtis knew that the current REE price of $300 per kg was unsustainable and using this fundamental piece of knowledge he would off a large parcel of holdings at $1.80.

Now he know the fundamentals was bad and what did the market do? Instead of falling the market would continue with the Euphoria for another 6 months (roughly) peaking at $2.60. Remember the market can remain irrational for a long time before its figure out something is wrong. From a peak of $2.60 it would take ANOTHER 6 months before it started collapsing. Now Nick knew that fundamentals was unsustainable and yet it TOOK BLOODY 12 months for the market to align with his fundamental view. Please note the my time estimation are rough give or take 20% margin of error.

We know Eric has bought $200,000 at 34.5c because he know the fundamentals has turned. If we can have a rough forecast it would be between 6 to 12 months before we see a turn around. I would prefer sooner or later but history has already provided a rough guide for us how long it takes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.06
Change
0.040(0.66%)
Mkt cap ! $5.664B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.80 $6.06 $5.76 $50.03M 8.403M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3840 $6.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 39097 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.