Escape From Australia : Where to go ?, page-141

1. 2,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 561
    All across the western world we have a big problem brewing. There are more people every day who believe they are entitled to the hard work of others. It can be cloaked in nice sounding terms like "pay your fair share" or "don't be greedy" but the issue is far more complex than that.

The argument for taxation which holds some practical and ethical merit is that taxes are used to pay for a good society. They are used for the common good to have things such as rule of law, functioning systems and national defense. I don't think many of us would have an issue with this.

However as of late the over-reach has become more and more egregious, seeping into every aspect of daily life. The politicians are often blamed for this, but they really just want to stay in power. The general public demands more and more of government, expecting every problem to be solved. There must be a law or regulation for everything. Everything must be taxed. Taxes must always increase. Why is inflation going up? Why do my groceries cost double?

Intelligent people see where this is headed and they want out. I don't think things are as bad as they can be just yet and with proper education about where this is headed the crisis can be averted...but so many people don't want to listen to those who escaped Latin American countries, or the Bloc. We know how this ends up. These people are merely thinking ahead 20 years and trying to prepare accordingly. There is a bit of exaggeration where we are on the timeline though. Things could be worse. But they could also be better.

@pintohoo One thing I can agree with you on is ignorance really is celebrated here.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.