Escape From Australia : Where to go ?, page-271

1. 8,806 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 530
    Vietnam is awesome. clean, modern, thriving, great food, excellent city life but beaches and mountains too. but staying on a long term visa short of investing $100-200k in a business is hard

If you like Thailand, but not the heat, and like mountains Laos is amazing. If you're yet to make a family and like a more rural small town life Laos is amazing. but working there outside of teaching or a small business would be hard I think.

Never been to Cambodia. I love their pro China attitude.

Northern Thailand is my home. Been there 7-8 years now. Married a amazing Thai woman who makes a beautiful home, beautiful kids and loves me like crazy, Thailand (like Malaysia) won't tax your offshore earnings. You can buy everything, cheap, expensive, its all here. Food is ofc amazing, people are warm, welcoming, trustworthy (in the north at least) and the SE Asian leg of the BRI will come down thru Thailand soon. Thailand in 20 years will be unrecognisable from what it is today. And while historically they have been a British, then American ally, I think they play the geopolitical middle ground and will side with China.
    Last edited by sahmee: 06/09/23

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.