There's an element of truth to this, which is why I did mention...

1. 2,302 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 569
    There's an element of truth to this, which is why I did mention there are downsides in my original post. No place is perfect, it's about finding the one that aligns with you personally the most.

It's inevitable when you have a city almost entirely comprised of people who are entrepreneurs that the focus is heavily on money. However I mentioned it as it can be quite refreshing as a break from Australian culture where people are cut down for wanting to be successful. Being successful is celebrated there, perhaps to an over-correction but there are positive aspects to the "hustle culture" as well.

Many of the problems that the west faces are due to massive amounts of people with no drive whatsoever to improve their life. They exude negativity and spread it where they can. This is far less prominent in Dubai.

As for the racism, it's a sad reality that in most places around the world people are still treated horribly because of their skin color. If you leave the west, expect to see this. It is worse outside Dubai, if you've travelled around.

I saw you had a fondness for north Europe earlier, if you could do a more detailed writeup I would love to read it. This is a very good idea for a discussion.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.