amazing...the UK tv show on 7 mate Friday nightsthe poms, really...

1. 17,117 Posts.
    amazing...the UK tv show on 7 mate Friday nights

the poms, really do live on another planet
    most of the houses have low ceilings...6 foot high is about the max....
    I find that hard to imagine...
    almost claustrophobic

and ancient style houses...some are 400 years old
    they have great value, 4 bedrooms, with stunning country views...and a huge garden with a couple of acres for on average $500,000 pounds
    most potential buyers want an hours drive to work, or less...near London

most of these towns, have the tiniest village, or shopping centres...
    extremely picturesque of course...idyllic too

but no safeway, coles or aldi shopping malls...?
    or caffe latte everywhere

I wonder if this lifestyle inspires any of the aussie viewers to escape to the country

the only advantage I see...is instead of sitting in a car park for an hour each day in our cities... getting nowhere
    you could find a place outside the city...and spend the same hour, driving at 110 kph driving from the country to get to your job...

the other gobsmacking difference....our ceilings are on average 12 foot...double the height...
    and their houses look so strange...old converted barns...funny looking things
    the barns look like someone covered the roofs with mud

then there are the funny pokey little rooms...

give me aussie house styles everyday...with huge open living areas, and large rooms....and spacious high ceilings

I really dislike the old country style kitchens, and the doors look like the stable doors, of our horse stables... straight out there from the horses.... houses

it is really worth watching that tv show....to see how the other half live...
    on their very different planet...
    and only then make comment and comparisons regarding prices
    of houses , world wide

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.