ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

Gday Maverick,long time no hear. To add some context to the...

1. 4,234 Posts.
    Gday Maverick,

long time no hear. To add some context to the pre-sunk QGC takeover, not only was it shorted, but it was at the peak of the GFC. Also, Cottee had come out but a few weeks beforehand and said no takeover was happening.

There are always reasons for a companies behaviors. I would hazard a guess that Richard thought the most value in staying the course and executing their business strategy. Much the same way that I hope DC is aiming to run things.

Something also interesting at the time was a perceived delay on reserve results from the SHGs Atria field. The 'metric' that SHG went for looked pretty reasonable, but I am sure including the results for Atria (should they have been available at the time) then the 'metric' would have been pretty poor. SHGs deal from QGC had a better scrip component that valued QGC at $3.85(?) and accordingly SHG at $2.80....so... because QGC went for $5.75, that means that SHG actually went for (5.75/3.85)*2.80 = $4.18, or a 50% premium on the premium they were offered by QGC...or something like that (pretty vague on thte numbers sorry-probably wrong as they are from a shaky memory).

So the point here is, it is conceivable that a delay in reserve results could favour the appraisal of a deal.

cheers,

SF

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.