ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

esg going south , page-9

1. 937 Posts.
    Hey all

Just wanted to share my take on things (for what it is worth).

In the next few days having a few parties, off for some more travel then back to Aus. Once I get back I have so much to do so probably wont post again till IER released. To be honest, I have decided a course of action and will have a break once it is in place.

I think that this global issue has another 5% or so to play out. Once that point is reached there will be a rebound and I think it will be quick & strong - I am talking overall market wise.

Kerry Packer once said that an Alan Bond comes along only once in your life. I was feeling the same way during the GFC - I have posted this before but at that time I decided the bottom was reached (as it turned out I was about 3 months too early) and put some cash in, cranked up the margin loan, pinned my ears back and bought CBA, ORG, LEI, OST, BLD, QAN, APA, etc.

In the end I sold these and put some profits into ESG.

The GFC (#1?) was very good to me. I hold ESG with no margin loan.

Those that have read my posts before know I hate the old Sunday morning punter and those that talk after the event too much.

In this respect I am happy to share what I am doing now before the event (at GFC 1 I was not on HC for most of it).

At the time I saw an opportunity and looking back I thought that the event was my Alan Bond :)

I feel that I was wrong - it is coming around again me thinks.

Here is what I am doing:

1. Hold ESG and pick up more in the range 68 - 70c
    2. Buy a bigger boy that I think is going to pick up ESG
    (not STO) - Charles Darwin uses its name (about 5%
    cheaper than now)
    3. Buy a little gas company near the old hippy town
    (again, 5% cheaper than now)
    4. Another smallish gas one, I will have to get a quiver
    too (looking at 5-8% cheaper than now)

If the prices dont go that low, no probs - things stay the same for me and others dont have extra pain - cool. If they go even lower, no probs , I went in a touch too early in GFC too & did very nicely.

I dont wish for the market to go down further as I would never wish pain on others for any reason. If it does though I wont miss the opportunity. I strongly believe that by November / December this year my options will have been well rewarded.

I wish everyone well and whatever decisions are made I hope that they benefit you either now or into the future.

Whether you are so far ahead it is not funny or struggling with a margin loan under pressure, try to remember that this is just a game and the real and important things in life are not related to stocks nor money.

All the BEST

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.