MSM 0.00% 5.9¢ msm corporation international ltd

League of Legends is an example of the most matured esports...

1. jok
    603 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 151
    League of Legends is an example of the most matured esports tournament ecosystem.

I've put together all the tier-one LOL PRO Leagues.
    Each tournament is allocated slot/s to the biggest yearly Worlds Championship.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3505/3505857-15e06970980dfba2ace8fb3f6b5a10d1.jpg

LOL esport has multiple divisions all the way down to the academy & grassroots levels. League of Legends has the deepest tournament depth out of all the esports games out there. LOL tournaments has been around for over 10yrs.

I think all the other esports games will fall into line. I'm already seeing it with esports games like MLBB, PUBG Mobile, Free Fire, Valorant etc... It starts with a Regional/Country pro league tournaments which then leads to a World Championship or Masters Tournament. Once a successful league is up & running then the grassroots gets develop to continually provide the talents the top-tier tournaments. This is where I feel the Tournament Matchmaking platforms like OkLetsPlay will come into play.

League of Legends Worlds Championship along with DOTA 2 - The International are the two games that put esports in the world stage.

League of Legends Worlds 2018 had over 200million concurrent viewers - it surpassed viewership of numerous sporting events.
    While DOTA 2 The International is setting the record for prize money (this years tournament has a prize pool of US$40M)

Here is an example of a packed out stadium for the League of Legends 2018 Worlds Championship. In my opinion, the audience is the main reason why big brands are coming into esports.
    This years November Worlds Championship 2021 will be held in China in a 60k seats capacity stadium.

In terms of TRUE esports tournaments. I have categorized current tournaments currently out there:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3505/3505860-e5ba38cc6fe61003eec565c0cb170d3c.jpg
    Riva's plan is to build a 360 true esports & gaming ecosystem, so I expect them to build leagues, cups, exhibition tournaments etc.. from grassroots, pros to world cup/championships to help grow the esports eco-system. If you want to be a big player I think that's the path to follow. (Will see if they go down this path)

All in my opinion. Feel free to correct if any errors. Again just sharing to hopefully help us newbies understand this esports business.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.