MSM 0.00% 5.9¢ msm corporation international ltd

Esports News/Discussion, page-20

1. jok
    603 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 151

https://www.newdelhitimes.com/delhi-government-will-support-e-sports/

"Delhi government will support e-sports

New Delhi, Aug 31 (PTI) Delhi''s Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia says his government will back E-sports and encourage all initiatives that will help the sector grow.

"E-sports now is growing very fast. I am convinced that this deserves

all the support and recognition. I promise that the Delhi government will encourage Esports in every possible manner.

"We will be happy to encourage all the initiatives that will help the

industry and the sector to grow," he said on the closing day of the inaugural E-sports Premier League here on Monday night.

Mumbai Marshals emerged as champions in the inaugural edition of the the country''s first-ever franchise-based E-sports league."

=====
    This is good news for esports in India. Government backing can help in funding, infrastructure & easier international travel for players/teams.
    As I highlighted previously South Korea & Dubai governments are supporting esports growth.
    Malaysia is another country where esports is included in the government budget for the past several years.
    Singapore government is now also starting to support esports by hosting several world championships (MLBB & FreeFire) earlier in 2021. These are some examples.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.