ESS 0.00% 50.0¢ essential metals limited

ESS Weekly Report

1. 4,140 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3586

Weekly Review ESS (and other Li Stocks) - 14th Jan 2022

Here is the weekly review figures and charts that I have been doing for myself, but now sharing it. This is similar to one I do for a Uranium stock I have been sharing there for a while. Till now my Li portfolio was fairly distributed, though ESS was still my largest holding. With the buys that I have done recently and the appreciation in SP last week, ESS is now become the biggest share in my Li portfolio by a long way, so thought of sharing it on ESS thread.

It is useful only for those interested in trading or those who hold multiple shares and based on performance would like to keep re-balancing as we go. I do hold a number of other Li stocks and like to trade. This is the reason I include a number of other Li Stocks in my analysis.

Please note:
    This is no reflection of all AU Li stocks as I have only included those that I am interestedIn my list are shares that I hold, held before or planning to buy in near futureSince this is my list, I may have missed some good stocksThe averages are simple averages and not weighted averages. So the average don't reflect AU Li average. This is just for my tracking and analysisI make a number of assumptions, interpretations and predictions - I make it for myself and share. All could be wrong so please check for yourselfCurrently I have considered 19 stocks in my list - a mix of Explorers, Developers and ProducersThere may be better lists elsewhere covering more breadth and depth

Here is the Figures and Charts that I would be elaborating:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3987/3987376-da2882edc2ba14db0b1fb60eb76f706a.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3987/3987378-4f959e08261c9ca66622a47b70715d20.jpg

Weekly Review

I have covered following:
    • Weekly Percentage change
    • Yearly Percentage Change for 2022
    • Percentage Drop from Highest SP reached to current SP

Key Observations:

Weekly Percentage change
    • This was one of the very good week for most Li stocks and especially great for ESS
    • Of 19 stocks I track, 17 were ahead, with FFX and MQR in decline
    • The average gain across 19 stocks was 20%
    • ESS led this week by a long way with a gain of 124%

Yearly Percentage change
    • With the great week LI sector had, there were handsome gains in stocks for the year
    • Of 19 stocks I track, 17 were ahead, with FFX and GLN in decline
    • The average gain across 19 stocks was 30%
    • ESS is still leading the list by a long way with a gain of 136% for the year

Percentage Drop from Highest SP reached after Boom Start
    • Most stocks are close to their ATH, a reflection of how strong market is
    • 9 out of 19 stocks I track are within 10% of their ATH
    • 2 stocks, ESS and LPI closed on their ATH

IMPORTANT NOTE
    • On a whole, Producers did not have as much gain as others - yet, though this could change - early days still in the year
    • So from volatility perspective Explorers and Developers may have more swings - it may also be a reflection of risks they may carry
    • So its individual choice and risk appetite to see which to pick

Personally
    • I had a number of trades this week
    • I picked up a fair few ESS and more of oppies ESSO
    • I sold some of my other Li stocks like LPI and CXO for short term to concentrate on ESS
    • Picket up couple of explorers who are also have a mini run - but not much
    • Looking to add more ESS in short term - depending on how it behaves next week.
    • Also looking to buy some more juniors at some stage next week - if there is a bad day - but the way it is going I may have to buy high
    • If things stabilise/retrace then maybe move it to producers/advanced developers

Weekly Ahead
    I have a feeling that Li sector momentum is still very good, so expect gains next week as wellESS had good gains nearly every day of the week - I have a feeling we may not get it all days this week ESS is still in a bargain zone - so expect big pockets and bargain hunters to pick up more shares which will keep the momentum for usAt some stage profit taking or a sense that we are just below fair value will become predominant - not sure when this will happen, but feel we are still a bit away - hopefullyMy numbers are 40c, 52c and 68c. I would like to see that we hold 40c. That may be my buy zone. I would like to see 52c touch and later hold it during the weekThere is an outside chance of 68c being hit - depending on the buyersIf all goes pear shaped, 32c is my support/buy zone - I am hoping it will not be revisitedI feel as we go higher there may be more volatility so will try to play safe and look for any strong weaknessA number of people have done analysis around peer comparisons and fair value - based on that we should double in some near term - don't know how long it will take or whether happen - but chances are good, lets see

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.