CTP 4.17% 5.0¢ central petroleum limited

estimates & reserve potential, page-26

1. 37,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 404

Sav

Appreciate the detailed reply.

There is no doubting you give it your all ... my posts late 2006 to late 2007 mainly on the CXY threads (formerly PCE) but also LNC and CNX (formerly Metex ... MMX I think) had much the same enthusiasm were all about scoping UCG potential when there was essentially nothing being posted.

I remain a UCG enthusiast and currently hold CXY and have been in and out of LNC and CNX a few times too.

I am absolutley certain that deeper, stranded coal, even coal suited to UCG, separated from access to inhouse UCG technology or a UCG technology partner is not all that valuable.

LNC and CNX are developing inhouse UCG technology and CXY has a respected UCG technology partner ... either route, you could say there has to be a minimum 5 yrs from scratch to have a proven means of producing syngas in the volume, quality and consistency required for a commercial project in what is now a fairly favourable environment for the technology.

So the simple point to all my posts today is just a cautionary one ... there isn't an abundance of UCG knowledge and technology globally, let alone in Australia and what there is is pretty closley guarded.

Something left field like a BHP, BP, Caltex, Santos or the like might be a possibility for CTP's UCG aspirations, but I think they would T/O one of the more advanced existing players first?

No doubt its a fascinating and beguiling technology ... good luck to all holders ... do yourselves a favour and stay in touch with the progress of CNX, CXY and LNC though.

Cheers
    Dex

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.002(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $37.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 5.1¢ 4.7¢ $44.05K 911.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 20000 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 164625 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.01pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.