NEN 0.00% 22.0¢ neon capital ltd

Geospud, this is why I asked in a previous post for an expert...

1. 1,863 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    Geospud, this is why I asked in a previous post for an expert opinion on seis reading/interp as I wasnt sure or should I say confident about the lateral extent. Its important because you need "area" in the gass-in-place calc.

Ya will probably be able to add a bit more detail in this space.

However, you can actually achieve a more accurate GIP measurement from the log actuals. This is because they have the 'actuals' across things like porosity and pressure, i.e the actual void (reservoir) over a given area. But the GIP is still resource, not reserve. You need more wells to increase confidence to a reserve.

NSAI used assumptions, we dont have assumption anymore. Without overcomplicating we need area, net pay, porosity, gas sat, gas vol factor (to discount for reservoir conditions, as opposed to surface conditions) to give us an updated GIP. You are right, its less accurate because everything is 'initial' and linear. Eg: temp and pressure is both input as the initial or average over a set period of time. So when they shut the well in to allow psi to build they take an average over the duration that it is reopened. But at least they are actuals not the assumptions from NSAI est. Actually now that I think about it a bit harder area is still an assumption because you'd need more wells to define the areal limits.

The appraisals will continually upgrade/downgrade the resource and or move to reserve over time. As I am sure you are aware, as you start producing you need to consisently test to do a reconciliation. You obviously want positive-reconciliation. In any case this will be the starting point. It may take 12mth to get a reserve figure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.