Sorry but it seems to be too confusing.My understanding is that...

1. 5,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    Sorry but it seems to be too confusing.

My understanding is that you have a Self Managed Super Fund with two members, yourself and wife.

Your trade using the platform provided by Commsec but have no Commonwealth bank Investment Direct Account. Instead you have a V2 ANZ Bank Account.

That such account is in the name of both of you as trustees of the Fund.

That you are both withdrawing a pension using the separate asset method.

Well, I am not an expert on this matter but your auditor or accountant should be. However, I think that if you have a single account in the name of both as trustees then that should not be a problem.

In the ledger, create an account called ANZ V2 made of two sub-accounts one for yourself and another for your wife and then split the amount into two parts, with one going to her and the other to you. From this point on the ANZ V2 becomes an header whose balance should be equal two the sum of the balances in the two sub-accounts.

You want to pay her a pension? Then credit her sub-account and debit her member account and transfer the appropriate amount out of the ANZ V2 account to her

I am assuming that you are doing the book keeping. If you don't then speak with your accountant.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.