You would be investing your super in property yourself as...

1. 141 Posts.
    You would be investing your super in property yourself as trustee, not the administrator, but they would be able to advise you on how to do it. I bought investment properties outside of a SMSF over the years, prior to SMSFs being popular or well-known, thinking that SMSFs were for 'rich' people, and that it would be too complicated, and too expensive, it was outside of my comfort zone. Knowing what I know now, eg, how easy it was to set up the SMSF, how flexible it is, and the tax advantages, I regret not buying my investment properties within a SMSF, because now that I am retired (working less than 10 hours per week is considered retired for SMSFs purposes), and am wanting to sell my properties, I have to pay CGT. My SMSF is in Pension mode now, and the one big advantage of holding property within a SMSF in Pension mode is that when you sell, you don't pay any CGT. I missed the boat with holding property within a SMSF, but making up for it with share trading within the SMSF in Pension mode. Same concept - no CGT on sale.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.