esuperfund going to anz v2 cash account, page-2

1. 2,793 Posts.
    we have been thinking about it as ANZ ties in well with eTrade, and eTrade have a much better settlement system (IMO) than that used by Comsec who are linked to the Mac account eSuper set-up for us -

I spent a lot of yesterday going thoroughly through each site to see if there are any compelling reasons why I should stay with Comsec, but at the end of the day it is all about trading, and for my style eTrade seems so much easier

guess you just need to check-out the interest earnt with ANZ V2 and ask about ALL fees they seek to charge

also keep in mind if you do the full switch and link your ANZ V2 to eTrade that the trades cost more with eTrade - $32.95 compared to $29.95

but one upside with Comsec - they registered us with their Advisor Trading Centre - that personal touch on the phone for the same price per trade of $29.95 was helpful when travelling - maybe eTrade will do the same thing - need to check.

at the end of the day it's all about how efficiently they reconcile and settle your trades - with eTrade you have an account page that shows your exact position at any given time - they settle all trades in-house immediately and don't hold you to general market settlement periods like T+2 or T+3 every step of the way like Comsec does - it can get frustrating.

at Comsec you don't get a detailed accounts page containing anything like the same detail, but with Comsec you can effectively trade on credit when you don't have money in your Comsec account, just so long as they can debit it from the linked Mac CMT account - that's OK for day trading, but I'm looking after our superfund ostensibly, so that little perk really isn't used or useful for our purposes

anyways $$$$$$$ - let us know your thoughts and any further details you bring back to the thread.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.