etf & etc - share vs warrant

1. 4,703 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    Sorry, not sure if this is the right place, but I can't find an ETF specific forum.

I typically stick to shares in individual companies but have recently been enticed by the vast array of ETF's that I could (when I have money) place into international markets I'm seeking exposure, as well as perhaps some ETCs.

I was updating my watchlist in light of all the ETFs out there and I noticed that with some providers e.g. Ishares - their products were coming up as warrants e.g. IBK, IEM codes. However when putting in Aii's ETFs I noticed there is both a warrant and a share option listed. E.g. FIN, FIX (the shares come up under 'index' when searching) versus YFIN, YFIX (warrants when searched).

Just wondering what the differences were between purchasing under the FIN vs say YFIN ticker symbol? And I guess whether you would bother with index funds given I guess they are more stable but slow moving given their diversification versus individual shares subject to specific announcements.

Guess I've been put off by LICs such as AIX and AFI and their floundering/non-existant share price appreciation.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.