FIG 0.00% 2.0¢ freedom insurance group ltd

1) I can publicly challenge all of Warren Buffett's investment...

1. 524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    1) I can publicly challenge all of Warren Buffett's investment thesis in *hindsight*.

2) Wrong. Aggressive sales tactics is driven by human nature, human nature never changes. This is a systematic issue and not unique to Freedom. There were aggressive salespeople 1000 years and ago and there will be 1000 years in future. In the past they were face-to-face, now they're calling, in future there'll be holograms... What government can do is regulate pricing mechanism to ensure a fair payout ratio and eliminate excessive margins for insurers (after all life insurance class is easiest to predict), like they regulate essential pharmaceutical prices. For example, customer will get refunded in accordance with law if they pay too much premium over the years, this way the incentives for insurers will be competing based on service. Of course, this requires serious work digging into actuarial numbers, its much easier to hold a RC every decade and score political points through sensation.

3) I did pick up that, I don't respond to speculations. The author said operator lied about being a Freedom employee and he doesn't know why keep receiving calls, fact 1) majority of outbound call agents are outsourced, so legally they don't work for Freedom and 2) according to ASIC its not direct selling when a company contact you after you make first point of contact even if you're on no call register.

Imo dyor

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.