ADH 1.66% $1.84 adairs limited

Fair enough if you have sold.I see it very differently to you-...

1. 1,158 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 593
    Fair enough if you have sold.
    I see it very differently to you- nearly all the companies that received Jobkeeper and then delivered profits did EXACTLY what the government wanted. They wanted to sustain businesses that are viable through a rough patch and not sustain unviable businesses. The businesses giving out dividends, recording profits etc are much less of a drain on the public purse than net welfare recipients. The government makes a very strong ROI on the Jobkeeper funds in these instances- directly, by way of corporate taxes on the business, and income taxes on the dividend recipients and people who have maintained their jobs. Adairs gas actually done the right thing and gone on a hiring spree with the support- further helping the government out of this mess. If businesses and holders of capital do not have income or profits themselves, they will be unwilling to invest. There has been no gaming here- all businesses equally knew the rules.

All the recipients of jobkeeper that are being criticized have been paying far more tax than they have received. It is the job creation and productivity of these healthy businesses that lays the tax base and foundations upon which the economy will recover.

*Of note- despite accepting that capitalism is the right economic system for now, and actively participating in the system, I do not see it as an infallible system and envisage some evolution of the system in the future as conditions change (specifically population growth diminishes)- however, that is an entirely separate debate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.84
Change
0.030(1.66%)
Mkt cap ! $321.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.82 $1.87 $1.82 $706.6K 385.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12134 $1.82

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.84 11551 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.