For all those affected by today's mess - I spoke with Etrade...

1. 5,732 Posts.
    For all those affected by today's mess - I spoke with Etrade earlier this evening. They told me that there are about 1100 to 1500 trades that need to be fixed - mine being one of them. They couldn't tell me what happened to my trade, but said that it all should be sorted by start of trade tomorrow (not pre-trade but at around 8 am tomorrow morning).

Also, if my order still exists, I won't be able to cancel or amend it at my end. I will need to phone Etrade in the morning if I want to change the order, or have control of the order. They will be able to cancel it if I phone them. Then I'll be able to place the order again and will have full control of it again.

Hope that helps all those who were affected.

And those that don't believe some of us were affected and caught up in the middle of the mess, well we were :)

At this stage I'm sticking with Etrade, since it seems to me every e-broker has its drawbacks and I like Etrade Pro as a platform. I generally make fewer than 20 trades a month and prefer a reliable broker, but even phone up brokers aren't always reliable so I'm told.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.