ets scheme put on back burner, page-52

1. 18,601 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    2 things hanrahan

(1) they were supposed to buy water entitlements and break the impasse caused by the Vics and their claims - this would have increased flow. What has happened?

(2) if money alone couldn't solve the problem then Rudd shouldn't have promised he could fix the problem. I think that's a fair point.

What happened to co-operative Federalism? this has been the biggest disappointment for mine, debts can eventually be paid off but an environmental catastrophe cannot be undone. Now the Libs did offer a solution as Dave R mentioned close to their end of their govt which was torpedoed by the states for their own selfish reasons and also probably politics.

Rudd said he'd overcome that. We have seen sweet nothing.

PS in answer to your question re climate change, what you or I think is irrelevant to that thread, it was about what RUDD believes, if anything, on this issue.

PPS I imagine Peter Garrett will be doing a lot of soul searching and it wouldn't surprise me if he resigns sooner or later as he has achieved nothing, which is a great shame.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.