TLG 15.8% 66.0¢ talga group ltd

"A trial period with regard to essential water issues despite...

1. 3,774 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 742

"A trial period with regard to essential water issues despite the fact that surface watercourses covered by environmental quality standards are at risk."

From memory (and there's a risk there too), the lawyer mentioned that both the lower courts erred in judgement in allowing the trial period in relation to surface watercourses, damns and mine waste. So this will I guess be the error at law (rather than precedent) that the lawyer may be pursuing. The "technically expert" judge at the initial permit level cited water purification measures put in place by Talga as the mitigating factor that made the trial period possible. You'd think the onus would be on the lawyer to prove that wasn't enough.

Sort of like arguing against science or against the reversible exploration of science. It would be difficult. The error at law also has to be a significant one. The question may be, is it reasonable to allow a trial of waste water purification measures, or not?

@blondeaussie, I think they only upload decisions once a day, in batches, in the evening our time and not on the weekends.
    Last edited by jhunt: 09/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
66.0¢
Change
0.090(15.8%)
Mkt cap ! $250.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
58.5¢ 66.5¢ 58.5¢ $1.315M 2.104M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4903 64.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
66.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.