eu referendum timetable, page-12

1. 4,788 Posts.
    re: eu referendum timetable - gaweb I think that ROW has credible concerns as to the leadership of the US;

1. In today's wars, there are no morals, and it is clear that mankind has descended to the lowest degrees of decadence and oppression.
    Usama bin Laden May 1998 interview, Frontline

2. America is polluting the whole world.
    Pat Robertson The 700 Club, December 7, 1995
    God in his great mercy has blessed America, and made this a haven for Christians and Jews alike. But we've gone away from our Christian heritage. And God has little obligation at the present time to spare America, because we are polluting the world with our television programs, our movies and so forth, our books. We are polluting the whole world. We've made the world drunk, if you will, with the wine of our fornication. The whole world has been affected by Hollywood.

3. The government is committed to supporting God's religion, the country remains a strong bulwark for religion, and the people are among the most protective of God's religion, and the keenest to fulfill His laws.
    Usama bin Laden November 1996 interview, Nida'ul Islam

4. One-world opinion is taking the side of the Palestinians, not the side of Israel.
    Jerry Falwell "What is Next in the End-Time Drama," 9/9/01

Since the Antichrist will not be revealed before Jesus comes, I believe conditions are falling in place, i.e., one-world government, so he can rule the world after Jesus comes. But we're moving toward a one-world government through the United Nations, through the world court and a growing world opinion. The problem is that the one-world opinion is taking the side of the Palestinians, not the side of Israel.

5. There will never be world peace until God's house and God's people are given their rightful place of leadership at the top of the world.
    Pat Robertson The New World Order

There will never be world peace until God's house and God's people are given their rightful place of leadership at the top of the world. How can there be peace when drunkards, drug dealers, communists, atheists, New Age worshipers of Satan, secular humanists, oppressive dictators, greedy moneychangers, revolutionary assassins, adulterers, and homosexuals are on top?

6. The government does not cease to cry over matters affecting religion, without making any serious effort to serve the interests of the religious community.

The external policy of the Saud regime towards Islamic issues is a policy which is tied to the British outlook from the establishment of Saudi Arabia until 1364 ah (1945 ac), then it became attached to the American outlook after America gained prominence as a major power in the world after the Second World War.
    It is well known that the policies of these two countries bear the greatest enmity towards the Islamic world.... The regime does not cease to cry in the open over matters affecting the Muslims without making any serious effort to serve the interests of the Muslim community apart from small efforts in order to confuse people and throw some dust into their eyes.

7. We are on the brink of our destruction, and if we do not awaken now, it will be too late. We have been victimized by traitorous behavior on the part of our leaders.
    Jerry Falwell "A National Rebirth Needed," 8/6/00

In spite of all these outward worldly signs of our national success, we are actually on the brink of our destruction, and if we do not awaken now, it will be too late.
    We have never been so prosperous. Yet, we have never been so secular and pagan. We are becoming both amoral and immoral. We are making secularism our national religion. The government and the courts have become, not neutral to religion as the Founders intended, but openly hostile to Christianity.
    And, as we look with sadness at our internal demise, we cannot any longer ignore that external enemies are growing. This administration has given our military and nuclear secrets to the Chinese and they to other American foes. We have been victimized by traitorous behavior on the part of our leaders.

8. The media strives to keep the people occupied with minor matters, and to stir their emotions and desires until corruption becomes widespread among believers.

9. There is no way that a United Nations, treaties, or any other human instrument can bring about peace. Such things mean nothing when one nation desires the land and resources of another.
    Pat Robertson Answers to 200 of Life's Most Probing Questions

A lasting peace will never be built upon man's efforts, because man is sinful, vicious, and wicked. Until men are changed and Satan's power is removed, there will not be peace on earth.

10. We have allowed rampant secularism.... We have insulted God at the highest levels of government.

Pat Robertson "The 700 Club," 9/13/01

[on the September 11 terrorist attacks] We have allowed rampant secularism and occult, etc. to be broadcast on television. We have permitted somewhere in the neighborhood of 35 to 40 million unborn babies to be slaughtered in our society. We have a court that has essentially stuck its finger in God's eye and said we're going to legislate you out of the schools. We're going to take your commandments from off the courthouse steps in various states. We're not going to let little children read the commandments of God. We're not going to let the Bible be read, no prayer in our schools. We have insulted God at the highest levels of our government. And, then we say 'why does this happen?' It is happening because God Almighty is lifting His protection from us.

11. One particular report described the gaps and the shortcoming in the philosophy of the government, the situation of the law within the country and the arbitrary declaration of what is lawful and unlawful regardless of divine law as instituted by God.
    Usama bin Laden The Ladenese Epistle: Declaration of War, Dec 1996

12. Priorities of spiritual work are lost while blasphemy and polytheism continue its grip and control. We should be alert to these atrocious plans carried out by the government.
    Usama bin Laden The Ladenese Epistle: Declaration of War, Dec 1996

13. America is in imminent peril... rotting from within.
    Jerry Falwell "Rebuilding America's Walls," 7/6/97

14. The American people have put themselves at the mercy of a disloyal government, and this is most evident in Clinton's administration. The American government is leading the country towards hell.

15. The termites are in charge now, and that is not the way it ought to be, and the time has arrived for a godly fumigation.
    Pat Robertson New York Magazine, August 18, 1986

16. If America is not suffering the irrevocable judgment of God, she is dangerously close.
    Jerry Falwell "America Made a Deal with God," 7/6/97

17. Americans have committed unprecedented stupidity. We anticipate a black future for America.

18. If the judges appointed by man will not deal with those who take innocent human life, then God is going to enter in and bring justice. And when that happens many of the innocent will suffer along with the guilty.
    Pat Robertson [on abortion providers] "The 700 Club," January 1, 1996

19. All these crimes and sins committed by Americans are a clear declaration of war on God.
    Usama bin Laden Jihad Against Jews and Crusaders, February 23, 1998

20. A condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation. It'll bring about terrorist bombs; it'll bring earthquakes, tornadoes and possibly a meteor.
    Pat Robertson [on Gay Day at Disney World] "The 700 Club" June 6, 1998

Bush has "hands-off" style, says the test is good decisions

Bush, 54, said in a recent interview that it is important for voters to judge "whether or not I could make the decisions given the degree of pressure that the president is going to have to face. Are you able to maintain a pace and make sound decisions?" In many respects, his calendars show, Bush is the antithesis of the man he seeks to replace in the Oval Office: He relies heavily on his staff to master issues, keeps close to normal working hours and usually tenders decisions on the spot.
    Source: Alan C. Miller, Judy Pasternak, LA Times Aug 2, 2000

Calling everything "Risky Scheme" is politics of roadblocks

Every one of the proposals I’ve talked about tonight, my opponent has called a "risky scheme," over and over again. It is the sum of his message -- the politics of the roadblock, the philosophy of the stop sign.
    If my opponent had been there at the moon launch, it would have been a "risky rocket scheme." If he’d been there when Edison was testing the light bulb, it would have been a "risky anti-candle scheme." And if he’d been there when the Internet was invented, well..
    Source: Speech to Republican National Convention Aug 3, 2000

Bush has "hands-off" style, says the test is good decisions

Bush, 54, said in a recent interview that it is important for voters to judge "whether or not I could make the decisions given the degree of pressure that the president is going to have to face. Are you able to maintain a pace and make sound decisions?" In many respects, his calendars show, Bush is the antithesis of the man he seeks to replace in the Oval Office: He relies heavily on his staff to master issues, keeps close to normal working hours and usually tenders decisions on the spot.
    Source: Alan C. Miller, Judy Pasternak, LA Times Aug 2, 2000

Surrounded by smart people, but he decides himself

Q: You sometimes seem deliberately anti-intellectual.
    A: I know it comes across that way. I don’t think it’s fair. This will be an administration of people well suited to their jobs. I’m secure enough that I want smart people around me. I’m comfortable with people who have high intellects.

Q: So how do you assure folks you’re smart enough to be President?
    A: I’m confident of my intellect. I wouldn’t be running if I wasn’t. My job will not be to out-think everybody in my administration. My job will be to assemble an administration full of very capable and bright people.

Q: So getting the smartest people to tell you what to do.
    A: No, no, no. Not tell me what to do. Make recommendations. Plus, I’m not going to have a group of people who say the same thing.

Q: So what happens when they disagree?
    A: These people don’t decide for me. I’m going to have to decide. I will overrule my advisers. I’ve done that before. My job is to get good thinkers and get the best out of them.
    Source: Interview with Time Magazine, CNN.com/Time.com Aug 1, 2000

US chosen by God to be a model among nations

In a speech to a B’nai B’rith convention, Bush spoke of his support for Israel and also praised the work conducted by faith-based social programs. "Our nation is chosen by God and commissioned by history to be a model to the world of justice and inclusion and diversity without division. Jews and Christians and Muslims speak as one in their commitment to a kind, just, tolerant society."
    Source: Gustav Niebuhr, NY Times Aug 29, 2000

Base "responsibility era" on Judeo-Christian values

Our society holds dear Judeo-Christian values that have stood the test of time: love your neighbor, give an honest day’s work for an honest day’s wages. Tell the truth and be honest. Don’t cheat or steal. Respect others, respect their property and respect their opinions. And always remember: you are responsible for the decisions you make. And that is the hope for my generation’s legacy: that we usher in the responsibility era. We can change today’s culture from "if it feels good, do it".
    Source: Powell Lecture Series, Texas A&M Univ. Apr 6, 1998

Jesus is part of my life; but won’t exclude non-Christians

Q: There are 15 million atheists in this country, 5 million Jews, 5 million Muslims. Should they feel excluded because of your allegiance to Jesus?

A: No. I was asked what [philosopher most] influenced my life and I gave an honest, unvarnished answer. It doesn’t make me better than you or better than anybody else, but it’s a foundation for how I live my life. Some may accept the answer and some may not. But, I really don’t care.
    It’s me.
    It’s what I’m all about.
    It’s how I live my life.
    Source: Republican Debate in Durham, NH Jan 6, 2000

"A Charge to Keep," hymn & painting, inspire Bush

I started the [gubernatorial inauguration] day with a church service. One of the hymns I selected is titled "A Charge to Keep I Have." Written by Charles Wesley, the words say:

A charge to keep I have,
    A God to glorify,
    A never dying soul to save,
    And fit it for the sky.
    To serve the present age,
    My calling to fulfill;
    O may it all my powers engage
    To do my Master’s will!

[Hanging in my office is] a beautiful oil painting by W.H.D. Koerner entitled A Charge to Keep. The painting, inspired by the hymn, [pictures] a horseman determinedly charging up what appears to be a steep & rough trail. This is us. [The painting and] hymn have been an inspiration for me & for members of my staff. "A Charge to Keep" calls us to our highest and best. It speaks of purpose and direction. In many hymnals, it is associated with a Bible verse, 1 Corinthians 4:2: "Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful."
    Source: "A Charge to Keep", p. 45 Dec 9, 1999

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.