GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

The biggest threat to Gold comes from the Euro.In the past,...

1. 3,134 Posts.
    The biggest threat to Gold comes from the Euro.

In the past, investors fleeing the US$ have but one choice GOLD. That is no longer the case. Euro now presents an alternative. In fact, UK treasury divested 60% of her gold reserves to US$, Euro and Yen. The Euro has been handicapped by UK reluctant to join the Eurozone. I think it is political (pressured by US) rather than economical. But, is a matter of time. You need to consider what happens when UK join the Eurozone. A stronger EURO emerges and presents a real alternative to the US$ - displaces GOLD as a safehaven.

At the moment, gold is held up by several factors, a weak US$, a less than developed Eurozone, speculation and the gold cartel. My speculation is that the gold cartel bought gold from several sovereign banks from around US$235. It is public knowledge that UK sold most of her gold around that price. Once the cartel completes its sales, gold price will lose a major ramper. My guess is that the cartel is supporting gold at $900 level for its distribution. A breakdown of that support level indicates the completion of its distribution and together with the end of speculative play will cause a major retrace in gold price. A Fibonacci number of 33% perhaps?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.