EUR 3.92% 4.9¢ european lithium limited

@ThewhitekiwiLast post on the subject of submitted permits for...

1. 1,703 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 226

@Thewhitekiwi

Last post on the subject of submitted permits for production.

For me, this is the end of the subject, and I don't care if and when you believe.

As I said, Tonyy may now be building a hydroxide plant in Saudi Arabia, but the likelihood that the lithium for this will come from Austria is becoming increasingly unlikely in my opinion....

1) European Lithium itself writes that they first have to submit or can submit the permits to the authorities according to the DFS.

https://europeanlithium.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/220501-European-Lithium-Presentation_May-2022.pdf

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4979/4979943-8d0a7cb0edbbbed792b1f7c43e4a4b6d.jpg

And

2 ) before I believe announcements of EL, I rather trust the statements of the local authorities and mayors on site, where the permits have to be applied for, or who have to know about it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

https://www.kleinezeitung.at/wirtschaft/6149708/Angst-in-der-Bevoelkerung_LithiumAbbau-auf-der-Koralpe_UVPFrage

FEAR AMONG THE POPULATION

Lithium mining on the Koralpe: EIA question causes unrest

From the end of 2024, 10,000 tonnes of battery-grade lithium could be mined annually on the Koralpe. The question of whether or not an environmental assessment is necessary is causing unrest among local residents.

Since 2016, global lithium mining has more than doubled. The trend is increasing, because lithium batteries are used in electric cars, mobile phones, etc. Years ago, European Lithium announced its intention to mine and process lithium on the Koralpe (Weinebene). But so far there have always been delays.

The project has met with resistance from the population of the Lavant Valley, who are concerned about environmental pollution. This was recently fuelled by a TV report that said that no environmental impact assessment is required for lithium mining. But this question has not yet been clarified. "At the moment we don't know any details," says Albert Kreiner, head of the responsible Department 7 of the provincial government. There had only been a "telephone advice" from the company's legal representative that an application for an EIA determination procedure would be submitted, which has not yet been received.

No application for dismantling yet

A written statement from the company says: "European Lithium is currently examining which procedural steps the legislator prescribes for the specific project parts in order to ensure the most comprehensive and also timely procedural handling possible." Should an EIA be required, it would be "welcomed and proactively supported for the success of the overall project". The test drillings on the Koralpe, which were approved by the Mining Authority South, were completed last year. Currently, the authority has not yet received any application for lithium mining.

According to European Lithium, mining could start at the end of 2024. However, this date could still be postponed, as the pandemic has led to delays. Over a period of 20 years, about 10,000 tonnes of battery-grade lithium are to be mined annually. At the full development stage, up to 400 workers could be employed in mining and processing battery-grade lithium on the Koralpe.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EUR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.9¢
Change
-0.002(3.92%)
Mkt cap ! $68.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.1¢ 4.8¢ $100.6K 2.027M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 86805 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.1¢ 111401 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.0¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 4.9¢ 214906
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
EUR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.