LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

european problems a plus for lyc?

1. 1,165 Posts.
    I sure would not want to be a shareholder of Tasman given the difficult situation in Europe--forget financing. Nor would I want to be hoping that my investment in Avalon or Quest, Alkane or Arafura might not become worth far less in a more difficult financial world. You can go through virtually all the other ree miners except Lynas and Great Western, and clearly see how European troubles could even prove fatal for plans of some going forward. And with Molycorp's integrated commercial production realistically 18 months off, it is easy to see why those shares have been in a death spiral. Only ree miner Lynas and primarily ree alloy manufacturer (but with Steen Mine), Great Western, are close to production with customers assured, financing set, ree prices rising and competition in the ROW looking non-existent until maybe late 2013. The market already is there for the production of their respective mines (all of Phase I of LAMP is spoken for) and supplies in the ROW will be tight. Unless people think that the Greek/European problem will mean no need for ree (smart phones, magnets, flat screen TVs, etc, etc,) then none of this mindless drop in the LYC share price is justified. It is just people who are capable of critical thinking and not merely following the terrified crowd taking advantage of the less capable. This is a time when the smart people are loading up with LYC shares under $1 as "group think" spooks the less intelligent. Seems that simple.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.