eurozone will collapse this year, says nouriel, page-11

1. 1,496 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    I reckon Roubini is being conservative in his prediction 50% breakup in 3-5 years, just look at the European politicians speeding things up. Sometimes it perplex me how many write off Roubini as a naysayer to be disregarded, he is just telling things as it is and is a very smart man. I was once among the anti-Roubini camp, until I was forced to wake up to the facts.

I cannot imagine how Germany can get away with many of its antics, such arrogance from the originator of the EU concept and its many imbalances. The extraordinary austerity demanded by Germany at a time like this will bring down many of the EU economies, until such point they realise it would be better to leave the zone.

Things are not well in China, economic storms lie ahead for the year of dragon. Europe will exasperate problems, which will affect China and the US and go around in a vicious cycle. QE 3 will probably come, can't believe I am saying this gold for the win in 2012.

Any thoughts here about the world economy 2012? (Please keep the opinion to within 2012)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.