AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

from EV-volumes.com"24 October: The third round of detailed BEV...

1. 4,036 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 936
    from EV-volumes.com

"24 October: The third round of detailed BEV & PHEV & FCEV sales results for September is uploaded to the DC-tool. Except for some minor markets, the detailed volumes are available for most countries and the numbers are close to final. The global tally stands at 702 900 units (701 445 units excluding about 1 455 FCEVs), 94 % higher than for September 2020 and a new all-time-high. With 366 500 units (incl. passenger cars, LCVs and imports) China stood for half of the global September volume. The y/y growth rate was 172 %, impressive in a vehicle market that lost 20 % compared to September last year. Europe passenger car sales were -24 % lower y/y, while EVs (BEV+PHEV) increased by +41 %. USA light vehicle sales were down -25 % in September while EV sales increase by +66 %. The preliminary results for September sales and battery installations are available for download in xls pivot table format on the Data Center. Log-in is required."

EV-Volumes - The Electric Vehicle World Sales Database

China Passenger Car Association reported an 11.9% retail discount rate in mid-October among passenger vehicles, down 0.5 percentage points compared to the end of last month. Estimated passenger vehicle retail volume is at roughly 1.72 million vehicles this month, dropping 13.7% year on year.

So despite the drop I expect strong EV sales almost as high as in September

"CPCA said passenger car sales in China in September totalled 1.6 million, down 17% from a year earlier."

So the total passenger car market probably grows MoM in October 1.72 million vs. 1.6 million. But there is a negative MoM impact from the end of quarter delivery rushes for example from Tesla.

Tesla sold record 56,006 China-made vehicles in Sept - CPCA By Reuters (investing.com)

I thunk globally the EV sales in October will be not much below September, maybe about 600,000 units.

Last edited by Stephan90: 24/10/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.