AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Worthwhile viewing thanks Stephan90Some of my notes:A wall of...

1. 624 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Worthwhile viewing thanks Stephan90

Some of my notes:

A wall of demand is coming.
    Lithium Ion batteries will be the propulsion source going forward. The core technology.

Tesla is more a battery company than a car company.

Globally 2.7TWh produced now in total.
    By 2030 Tesla plan 3TWh alone (prior to battery day 200GWh was a general market expectation for Tesla).

From Tesla 2020 Battery Day Transcript September 22 <-link to it

The following Elon comment is an industry damaging falsity - atomically true BUT need economic extraction

"there really is enough lithium in Nevada alone to electrify the entire US fleet.

Elon Musk: (02:24:27)Yeah, that’s true. Actually, just what’s in Nevada. Basically, there’s so much damn lithium on Earth it’s crazy. It’s one of the most common elements on the planet."

Elon is appealing to green buyer here:

"And we actually got rights to a lithium clay deposit in Nevada.
    Drew Baglino: (02:23:51)
    Over 10,000 acres.
    Elon Musk: (02:23:52)
    Over 10,000 acres. And then the nature of the mining is actually also very environmentally sensitive in that we sort of take a chunk of dirt out of the ground, remove the lithium, and then put the chunk of dirt back where it was. So it will look pretty much the same as before, it will not look like terrible. And yeah, it’ll be nice."

Purely an aspirational comment.
    It seems to be PLL.

A battery factory takes 1 to 2 years to build.
    A mine takes 10 years to build.

Following is a gross simplification. Unlikely to be true for battery grade product:

Drew Baglino: (02:24:13)
    Simply mix clay with salt, put it in water, salt comes out with the lithium, done.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.