AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

EV and battery thread, page-724

1. 2,693 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 159
    Toyota is a large vehicle maker that doesn't like to disrupt the status quo. Like GM with the EV1 they had a perfect opportunity to lead the world with EV tech after they introduced the original Prius 20 years ago but they just chose to sit on their hands and still have not produced a proper BEV outside China so its a big ask for them to suddenly produce an EV competitive with those that have been selling them for years.

Elon has not told us about any solid state batteries that he or his suppliers might have close to production but QuantumScape near Tesla in California has and considering the number of others also working on solid state batteries there could be quite a few on the verge of mass production. Considering the advantages that solid state batteries have over their conventional counterparts I would expect most battery manufacturers to rapidly swap over their production to the new type once proven and assuming it was cost effective. Obviously they would subsequently appear in EVs and all other devices using rechargable batteries.

Most of us accept that "Elon time" doesn't relate very closely to actual time and we work with that however his Beta FSD is being used on the road right now which puts Tesla years ahead of anyone else in the field. His robo-taxis won't be driving the public around this Christmas but they are much closer than you think and so far in front of any of the major car manufacturers that they are not even in the race. Should I point out to you that Tesla's market cap is larger than the next 1/2 dozen ICE vehicle manufacturers in the world and is still growing at such a rate that it is likely to become more valuable than all other car makers added together next year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.