AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

"The eCitaro uses Lithium Metal Polymer (LMP), which have been...

1. 4,081 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 942

"The eCitaro uses Lithium Metal Polymer (LMP), which have been offered by Bolloré's subsidiary Blue Solutions since 2012."

Some call these solid state batteries, but I'd rather call them semi-solid state batteries as they aren't really what Toyota and others are working on now and they have average energy density.

Bjørn Nyland Checks Out Solid-State Battery-Powered Mercedes eCitaro (insideevs.com)

Nio wants to deliver the ET7 with a semi solid state battery, not sure if this version will be already available this year or later.

"NIO's 150-kWh Solid-State Battery Pack Will Actually Be a Semi-SSB Pack"

NIO's 150-kWh Solid-State Battery Pack Will Actually Be a Semi-SSB Pack - autoevolution

Toyota could be the first or at least one of the first car makers offering "real" solid state batteries if they deliver by 2025. Specs are unknown. But I have read from numerous sources that solid state batteries have the potential to offer significantly higher energy density than any EV lithium ion battery currently on the market right now. Since the electrolyte is solid and not flammable they are supposed to be very safe as well. But don't forget that these solid state batteries will most certainly still use lithium, possibly even more as Joe Lowry for example has suggested in the past if I remember correctly.

Some solid state battery company partnerships.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3958/3958490-31e8bae822be08d449b7258c442091c0.jpg

Last edited by Stephan90: 08/01/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.