AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

I don't know if he (tweet below) means our calendar New Year or...

1. 4,081 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 942
    I don't know if he (tweet below) means our calendar New Year or Chinese New Year, which would be in February, but in any case January and February are usually the weak months for EV sales. So this would be good news. Even just having a small EV sales drop in January - February would be good. Remember there is a strong seasonality effect throughout the four seasons of the year but also between each quarter, which usually makes December the best month and January - February the worst months. When it comes to battery production there are also lead times to consider. So batteries that are produced today may be for cars sold in Junuary etc.

Recently a Chinese government official said that he thinks that China can reach 50 % NEV market penetration in 2025. I think they could achieve that on averagefor the whole year in 2025.

(1) Tesla China Analyst on X: "On December 5, Cui Dongshu, Secretary-General of the China Passenger Car Association, stated that in the next two years, the national efforts to promote the consumption of new energy vehicles will be further intensified. Various measures, including issuing consumption vouchers,…" / X (twitter.com)

China may achieve NEV penetration of over 50% 10 years early, says ex-industry minister - CnEVPost

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5794/5794642-299293a2f992c57dbc82592a1718bfe3.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.