The article was about driving your car around Australia, not...

1. 11,661 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 469
    The article was about driving your car around Australia, not pottering around a golf course...I mean city driving.

Recharge for 220k takes  say 60min, or 4ook  2hours on that current amp settting. Still the same time OFF the road.

Are there fast recharge points at the caravan park or Motel where you are staying? I bet they don't have high amp chargers.

So they only time you can get a full charge (maybe) is using a standard outlet that night & is going to be 10 to 12 hours.

The battery still needs a lot of improvement.

Recharge time needs to get down to the same as a fuel up & range 1,000k (will get rid of range anxiety), you don't want to be in the Red out the back of Banana Shire.

So much so that the Telsa truck & the super car can't be released for another 2 years (hoping) that battery tech improves to the point that the claims can be met. Because with current battery tech the battery that would be needed to hit those claims will not ft into the car or truck for the range & performance claimed.

I would say your claim of it being the minority is just a claim based on your bias (do you live in a city???...)
    "But that is a very , very small percentage of Aussies"

Regularly drive Sunshine coast to Sydney (at least every other month) & about once or twice a year to Adelaide to see family.
    I would have to leave a day or two earlier compared to now.

Not just me, the inlaws are grey nomads & doing their 20th trip around Australia. I'm sure there are too many roads/ towns they haven't visited (but not with an electric.)

Have you every lived in North Qld? You drive from Mt Isa to Townsville to watch a footy match. You finish work on the Friday & get in the car & drive & drive & drive only stopping for fuel & a driver rotate..Or If you lived in Townsville you would drive to Cairns to go shopping on a Saturday morning, wanting to back by 6:00 that night (back then Cairns had a Myers). I have plenty of mates in mines that finish their shift & drive home - only a 5 or 6 hour drive, but better than staying in a donger than you need to.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.