How many people are actually driving around Australia as a...

1. 35,008 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    How many people are actually driving around Australia as a percentage of Australian's ?

Where are most of the ks done every day in Australia ? In the cities by commuters . In the millions .

Not a few thousand grey nomads driving around Australia which seems to be your angle .

But let's talk about grey nomads . They are the ones that are on a permanent holiday . The ones I know move every few days at best . And they might only move 100 -200 ks at a time .
    Caravan parks ? You mean the ones that have 15a caravan plugs for each site ? Plugs that are now not big enough because people have air cond and dishwashers in their vans .
    A caravan park would be a prefect place to chage an ev as it could charge at the lowest rate because the car is not going anywhere .
    That's a pretty weak argument against evs .

You're worried about waiting when you are towing a caravan around Australia on holidays ? Give me a break !

Where do people live ? 16 million people live in the capital cities . The Urban population is almost 90% . So , about 21 million live in urban areas . That's a lot of people that could use evs .

https://tradingeconomics.com/australia/urban-population-percent-of-total-wb-data.html

Your driving habits are not of the average Aussie . Driving to Adelaide from the Sunshine coast ? Why wouldn't you fly ? You are the one complaining about wasting time waiting for an ev to charge and yet you want to drive 2000ks ? Three days each way driving rather than a couple of hours on a plane ?

I mentioned those in outback areas where evs would not be suitable . But they are in a vast minority . They can simply keep driving diesels until evs improve .

I agree that batteries need to get better for the more extreme and also for long distance heavy transport .

But , for the average Australia , evs already make sense now except for price . The vehicle can do the job for the vast majority of Australians .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.