@1ronnie - I think it is the same with all modern technologies -...

1. 17,868 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @1ronnie - I think it is the same with all modern technologies - there is initially a lot of resistance and eventually it becomes commonplace and the next generation will wonder what all the fuss was about.
    I still drive a petrol car and it will outlive me.
    For now, there is only one EV-driver, with 2 cars, (both he and his wife drive one), within my circle of acquaintances - I bet you in 10 years time, it will be different.
    By far the biggest polluters are ocean-going ships and aeroplanes - and what about industry???
    . . . . and the transport needs of raw materials from their countries of origin?
    and what about the many on-line companies one can buy goods from, many of which are based overseas, hence use air or ocean transport for their mail-outs (Amazon, Temu etc.all based in the U.S.A., all getting most of their goods from China, also depending on transfer by air or ocean).

Lithium will continue to play a big part in this necessary transformation and don't forget its other uses in batteries used for just about every aspect of our lives; my mother did not have a single electric gadget in her kitchen, apart from lighting and the kitchen radio and iron (I still remember having to grind the daily coffee manually - the little 'coffee mill' is now a decorative item in my kitchen) - I am not really a 'gadget' person, but have 4 items of electric kitchen gadgets, 2 in my bedroom, a vacuum cleaner, and a computer, a printer and mobile phone - not counting one TV, radios, 3-in-one radio, record- CDplayer - and one small electronic keyboard (plus a 'manual' piano) - plus 2 air-conditioning units.
    Most of us are already living an 'electrified life'. . . now we just need better technologies for our transport needs and it is happening as we speak.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.