..EXACTLY! ..and I'm afraid to say that while going green is...

1. 21,897 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2034
    ..EXACTLY!

..and I'm afraid to say that while going green is great, commercial realities are not something you can just ignore.

I agree. It will take years for an ex-China spot market to take off.

The reason is quite simple. The bulk of demand for #lithium is and will be in China for many years to come.

Unless the West gets charged and starts doing things a lot differently... Just saying...

https://x.com/jczuleta/status/1793457892638515332

...and as I've stated months ago, when it comes to lithium, how long is long term do you want to be?

...lithium per EV would get smaller over time despite continued EV demand growth, and basic economics only suggest that if the West can compete effectively against the cheap EV makes, they too will need cheaper batteries and according cheaper battery mineral inputs.

...the large lithium global players know that they have to be cost effective and grow on the basis of production volume, not price (as we saw in the early innings of the lithium expansion).

...so if you company is not cost effective, has high production cost, huge capex and debt, and can't grow volume with a fairly lower offtake SC6 price, where is your growth going to come from?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.