EV/Lithium, page-489

1. 24,035 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2118
    ..wow, which car company won't allow you to resell your purchased vehicle until 1 year after you've bought it?

..if you resell the Cybertruck within 1 year from when you purchased it, under contract Tesla can sue you for damages!!

..I think people are going to be suckers buying this Cybertruck. Paying more than $150k with this sort of restriction.
    Unsatisfied Cybertruck owner fumes after Tesla won't let him return it
    Story by Sophie Mann For Dailymail.Com

• A man is in a bind as he attempts to get rid of his brand new Cybertruck
    • The truck comes with a clause that prohibits owners from reselling for one year
    A man who eagerly purchased his Cybertruck after watching the much-anticipated launch of the Tesla vehicle is now attempting to return the truck.

Blaine Raddon was in Bali with his wife when he preordered the long-awaited Cybertruck, he told Business Insider.

Raddon finally received his truck just several weeks ago, but unfortunately, the truck is no longer a fit for his lifestyle or his parking space.

Just a few weeks after receiving his new truck, he posted on X that he wants to return the truck, but Tesla won't buy it back from him or let him resell it.

'Tesla has refused my request to sell my recently purchased Cybertruck. They do not want to buy, and have told me I can’t sell. It does not fit into the complex I live.'

Blaine Raddon excitedly placed a pre-order for a Tesla Cybetruck months and months ago, but by the time it was delivered a few weeks ago, it no longer fit into his life

Just a few weeks after receiving his new truck, he posted on X that he wants to return the truck, but Tesla won't buy it back from him or let him resell it. 'Tesla has refused my request to sell my recently purchased Cybertruck. They do not want to buy, and have told me I can’t sell. It does not fit into the complex I live'

'I found that out the day I bought it back. What can I do? Not trying to make a profit @tesla @elonmusk,' wrote Raddon on X, according to BI.
    1 / 11

In the paperwork customers sign when they purchase Cybertrucks, Tesla wrote in a specific portion for the new model that says that buyers cannot resell the vehicle for one year.
    If the contract is ignored, reads the vehicle order agreement, the company can sue for up to $50,000 in damages, 'or the value received as consideration for the sale or transfer, whichever is greater.'

Tesla may also deny the customer the chance to buy their vehicles in the future.
    Raddon explained to the outlet that since ordering his Cybertruck, the circumstances of his life have shifted somewhat radically and in a way that prevents the truck from fitting into his life.
    He and his wife have separated, and he moved into an apartment complex.
    His new truck doesn't nicely fit into its parking place in the development's garage.
    Raddon has owned multiple Teslas before, and said he didn't think very hard about whether the truck would fit into his parking space.
    But, when it arrived, he discovered the vehicle was 'so much bigger' than he expected.
    He said he had to make a four-point turn in order to get into his parking spot.
    He added that it is also difficult for him to climb in and out of the truck with the amount of space he is allotted on either side.

Raddon said he contacted the manager of the Tesla dealership in Salt Lake City last month, but did not make much progress.

In the email, he did not cite the new details of his living situation, but did reference a prior conversation he'd had with the manager.

He said he told the manager that his truck was much larger than he expected, and asked for any of a handful of solutions to his problem.

Raddon said he would be happy if the transaction of the purchase were reversed, if he could trade in the truck for a new Tesla sedan - a smaller model - if he sold it back to Tesla, or if Tesla permitted him to sell the vehicle without making a profit.

The manager told Raddon that he would be bound by the one-year sales restriction, but Tesla is able to make an exception to the rule, if an unexpected situation arises for a buyer that would force the party to sell.

However, only Tesla is able to grant permission to an owner, and only after reviewing an accepting a written request from the owner.

Should the company allow for the sale, the owner would receive back the amount they paid during the original purchase, minus 25 cents per every mile drive in the car, and the cost of any reasonable wear and tear and repairs the car may need.

In a longer email back to the dealership, Raddon explained his circumstance more clearly.
    He said that when he ordered the Cybertruck, he was living in a single-family home. He has since moved out of state into his apartment complex.

He underscored the point that he is not trying to make a profit, and was fully aware that he would suffer some sort of financial loss relative to the sticker price he paid should the company repurchase the vehicle.

'I am trying to remedy an unfortunate circumstance that the Cybertruck is not manageable in my living situation,' wrote in the email.

'Making me keep a truck that does not fit my circumstances appears to be unfair and not at all the spirit of the no sale language in the contract.'

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.