....Juan Carlos is one of the more objective lithium interested...

1. 22,652 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2059
    ....Juan Carlos is one of the more objective lithium interested guy but this post shows a hopeful stale bull expression.
    #Tesla beats up #BYD in BEV sales in Q2 2024. And its stock jumps to 227.31, up 8.32%
    Expect a #lithium price rebound soon.
    https://x.com/jczuleta/status/1808199327346839681

1. Tesla stock closed +10.5% higher but lithium stocks tanked after strong opening.
    2. Tesla beating BYD has nothing to do with lithium price moving higher: you'd want both to be registering strong growth- in fact Tesla lost market share to BYD in China
    3. All the released sales/deliveries results were in the rear view mirror, the past, but all that 'growth' did not result in higher lithium price materialising - on the contrary, lithium price fell during the period when all that growth happened.
    4. Moving forward, I'd expect EV growth worldwide to decelerate as the economy craters and deflation sets in.

I totally understand stale bulls caught up losing lots of money in the lithium trade wants to stir up positivity with hope to get a rally going again in order to sell out.
    But the longer the Denial and Procrastination, I can only see a bigger pain - I am confident enough to say that we'd probably see a market correction happen first before a lithium stock recovery.

...and we still have new lithium bulls raring to participate in what is a bearish sector, hoping to prosper for a rebound....as a trade maybe...all suggesting to me the Bottom is not yet in.

...Always Remember this: Cheap is Cheap for a Reason, even then a projected 2025 40x PE for PLS and a likely 2025 loss for LTR (for a $2.4B stock) are far from being cheap.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.