LYC 0.33% $6.07 lynas rare earths limited

EV news, page-1458

1. 6,199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 998

Top Solid State Lithium Ion Batteries Startups | Tracxn

A warning to DYOR research is not usually necessary on a stock forum, but now seems an appropriate moment to do so.

With regards timing of SS battery, no one can know for sure how its development cycle will go; until then, it has not been done. Anyone investing in EVs can certainly appreciate the many years it takes. Many such investments languished popped and dropped and that's frustrating for most as most don't sit in front of a screen and trade.

DYOR. The research articles I read cannot be translated into layman's language and posting them here for discussion has proven of no value. The people who can contribute are few and far between; I can't understand all of it and I am broadly trained. There are hundreds of efforts involving thousands of researchers and they've been given billions of dollars to get this done; we have not yet failed.

For those equipped to dig, I did not start at the link above. I have been into the science for years; the link is just a link that some might use to organize their efforts. Basic research that I read is not going to be found anywhere but journals behind paywalls.

My reading has led me to believe that SS batteries will be in high-end vehicles in two model years. We don't even have mass pro traditional Li-ion EV batteries yet, so let's keep it real and in scope.
    =======

Worth mentioning: Li-Ion batteries with liquid electrolyte are current state of the art.

Over the years I have seen basic research continuously improving the battery. The Li-ion battery is in commercial production in numerous chemistries and yet remains under constant surveillance. Improvement have cut its costs by 90% and increased its utility by multiples of that. The trend is our friend. The improvements will continue until the technology is retired.

Bottom Line: Li-ion technology is adequate to fuel the EV Revolution for most everyone for the foreseeable future. Not saying a better battery like SS isn't better, not saying it won't help the LYC SP either, but if you are waiting for a better battery BEFORE you invest in Lynas, even knowing that better battery is forthcoming every year, you might regret that every day.

all opinion.

gltah

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.07
Change
0.020(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $5.673B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.08 $6.09 $6.02 $35.62M 5.828M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 298927 $6.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 30108 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.