LYC 0.50% $6.09 lynas rare earths limited

EV news, page-1640

1. 7,515 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 504
    If you worried more about making arguments with data not insults. you might start to understand. Yes, E buses will use a lot of PM material it's obviously. They will be a nice market I have never deigned that. city buses with company charging stations and fixed schedules. Have a tremendous advantage. I cold climates they will probably install LPG or NG for heat which would be a battery killer.

What you still do not grasp is what is the demand? In US there is a total of 65,000 city buses in all of the US. (1) Total city buses in US - Bing The average bus is replaced every 12 years, so for the US that is 5,417 buses a year total if everyone is an E bus. How Long Do Buses and Other Transit Vehicles Last? (liveabout.com)

Now in the US 16,5 M cars and light trucks will be sold in US 2022. About 3000 more cars than buses. Now can you tell me Which market you think you should concentrating on? Which has a higher REE potential per year. Which is more likely to grow in next few years.

For inner city travel people using cars has grown 4 X faster than buses since 1929 When there were only two buses in US. Even today cars for inner city travel are growing 20% faster than buses for personal transport miles. With things like ride sharing growing "UBER" I expect buses % to decline more.

What you just don't get even now. IF 48 MHEV had delivered the 40% to 50% they originally claimed they would have taken off and reduced the PM materiel needed for transportation. Hurting Lynas with lower REE demand. They did not work they only saved 0% to 5% and so they failed. Their failure had absolutly nothing to do with the magnets you were watching. Just like your buses and trash trucks though they use lots of magnets will have little to do with total PM demand.

Please refute me with thought out arguments using data and links. Not name calling and references to things I got wrong years ago. Where am I wrong on this? is what you should talk about.

I am firmly believe many people are missing the biggest challenge for BEVs in the future. When BEVs have 10% of registered vehicles. Electric prices will go up Gasoline down and more black outs will occur in all countries. and BEV sales will stop rising. PHEV sales will soar. The problem is the Grid. PHEVS will take us through this period while the Grid catches up even though PHEVs use half the magnets. You used to say HEV and PHEVS would not be significant. You now support PHEVs but only because you see sales figures.

Yes magnets used is important. Lynas grown is magnets used times volume. Something when AUS explained this to you you did not get. You just keep saying show me the magnets. What he did not get was with a single digit savings in CO2 and Fuel it did not matter how cheap or easy to install it was,. It did not work.

You still don't get is product success has nothing to do with what helps you or company you are looking at it has to do with how well the product fits the wants of people.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.09
Change
0.030(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $5.692B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.13 $6.16 $6.07 $11.61M 1.903M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12747 $6.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.12 7550 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.