LYC 0.46% $6.47 lynas rare earths limited

EV news, page-1338

1. 2,491 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    Well CJ I hadn't been here for a day or so and when I checked up it seems as if you think I have wronged you. So I did a bit of a search to check my memory on what I had said and made up a list of half a dozen sites that gave multiple reasons for the chip shortage that had hurt the auto makers. Then I saw one of the better ones was the same as your link above and all I can conclude is that your comprehension skills are somewhat lacking. FFS you have even quoted the 4th paragraph where if you read a bit further you would have seen the TSMC Chairman Mark Liu say the real 3 main reasons for the chip shortage are-:

The Covid-19 effect on the semiconductor production, the unpredictability and uncertainties due to the US-China trade war and the accelerated digital transformation have been brought about by the pandemic.

CJ please take careful note of the last reason and compare it to what I said in Post #: 54677281

Mr Liu went on to add a few more long and short term reasons for the shortage but never mentioned any "large rapid change in demand for cars by Covid" or anything similar. TSMC has 56% of the world semiconductor production and 80% of the worlds auto semiconductor production so he most likely knows what he is talking about. I don't really need to add anymore because your very own link shoots you down in flames but I thought this one from our ABC was helpful as well. What the global shortage of computer chips means for you - ABC News It mentions the Taiwanese drought and a few other reasons that Mark Liu didn't bring up.

I think an apology should be forthcoming CJ although I won't hold my breath.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.47
Change
-0.030(0.46%)
Mkt cap ! $6.047B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.46 $6.52 $6.40 $29.03M 4.503M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 80 $6.44

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.49 11087 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.47
  Change
-0.030 ( 0.46 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.49 $6.49 $6.40 801079
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.