LYC 1.16% $6.98 lynas rare earths limited

Can you absolutely guarantee me that battery electric vehicles...

1. 19,583 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4969
    Can you absolutely guarantee me that battery electric vehicles 100% dependent on the common grid are the ultimate solution say to at least 2050?

If say fuel cells emerge as a more sustainable & practical option later next decade (particularly if China still adding 2 coal burners per month) will Govt's trash all the subsidies to BEV & EV charging stations and flip them over to fuel cell vehicles and start again?

While I obviously don't share your urgency vehicles emissions (so much more I would prioritise where we would get far more bang for buck) I certainly agree the targeted emission caps that have been LEGISLATED across EU, China & US, but firstly I don't believe BEV grid leeches are sustainable and secondly I don't believe they are the most cost efficient platform for achieving the initial emissions reductions thru to 2030, particularly with best hard estimates BEV achieving only 30% penetration 2030 leaving 70% of vehicles on the roads some form of ICE.

The positive aspect here is whatever medium/s proves out there is a high likelihood they will employ NdFeB PMM to at least some degree, and the potential rapid electrification of a portion of those 70% of ICE vehicles 2030 is a win/win.

Plus I really don't like my investments being dependent on Govt charity, as you suggest they can flipflop in a heartbeat, and I just wonder how most of the incredibly generous EU subsidies will survive the next recession when probably a third of the populace will be struggling to pay their domestic energy bills.

https://www.thelocal.de/20190514/ca...-german-households-amid-rising-energy-poverty

Show's the supplier's margin & cost is just 23%, then a bunch of taxes are loaded on proportionally, who'd want to be dependent on that for personal transport:

https://www.cleanenergywire.org/factsheets/what-german-households-pay-power

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.98
Change
0.080(1.16%)
Mkt cap ! $6.524B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.91 $7.00 $6.90 $36.21M 5.198M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 56 $6.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.99 175914 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.97
  Change
0.080 ( 0.67 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.93 $7.00 $6.90 639194
Last updated 15.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.